The storage-driver add-on is a FlexVolume driver that is used to support IaaS storage services such as EVS and SFS.
Introduction to the Add-on
The storage-driver is a cloud storage driver add-on that complies with the NBI standard of Kubernetes. It provides a standard Kubernetes FlexVolume interface that allows containers to use IaaS storage services of cloud, such as EVS and SFS. By installing and upgrading the cloud storage add-on, you can quickly install and update cloud storage services.
The storage-driver is provided in the operating system images of the new nodes in CCE. When the storage function is upgraded or a bug is fixed, you do not need to upgrade the cluster or create a cluster to upgrade the storage function. Only the cloud storage add-on needs to be installed or upgraded.
Installing the Add-on
By default, the storage-driver add-on is automatically installed for Kubernetes clusters that are created after the add-on is released. You must manually install this add-on for existing clusters created before the add-on is released.
- Log in to the CCE console. In the navigation pane, choose Add-on Management. On the Add-ons tab page, click Install Add-on under storage-driver.
- On the Configure Basic Information page, select the cluster and the add-on version, and click Next.
- Currently, the cloud storage add-on has no configurable parameters. Click Install to directly install the add-on.
When the installation is complete, the add-on instance is installed on each node of the selected cluster.
Upgrading the Add-on
- Log in to the CCE console. In the navigation pane, choose Add-on Management. On the Add-on Instances tab page, click Upgrade under storage-driver. If the upgrade button is unavailable, the current add-on version is the latest and no upgrade is required. When the cloud storage add-on is upgraded, the old add-on will be replaced on cluster nodes.
- On the Basic Information page, select the add-on version, and click Next.
- Currently, the cloud storage add-on has no configurable parameters and can be directly upgraded by clicking Upgrade.
Uninstalling the Add-on
- Log in to the CCE console. In the navigation pane, choose Add-on Management. On the Add-on Instances tab page, click Uninstall under storage-driver.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, click OK to uninstall the add-on.