A container cluster is a logical grouping of cloud servers that run applications. Each cluster node corresponds to a cloud server. When you first use CCE, you must create an initial cluster and add a node to the cluster.
- Log in to the CCE console. On the Dashboard page, click Create VM Cluster.
- Set Cluster Name to cluster-01, retain the default settings for other parameters, and click Next.
- Set the parameters for adding a node to the cluster. Set the network and login parameters as follows, and retain the default settings for other parameters:
- Set EIP to Automatically assign to enable access to the node from the Internet, and retain the default values for other parameters.
- In the Key Pair field, select the created key pair used for logging in to the node.
- Click Create Now and install add-ons.
System resource add-ons are mandatory and will be installed now.
- Click Create Now, and then click Submit.
It takes 6 to 10 minutes to create a cluster. Information about the progress of the creation process will be displayed.
- Choose Resource Management > Nodes, and check the node status. If the node status is Available, an elastic IP address has been bound to the node.