If you choose to create primary/standby DB instances, RDS will create a primary DB instance and a synchronous standby DB instance in the same region. You can access only the primary DB instance. The standby instance serves as a backup. If the primary DB instance is faulty, the standby DB instance is promoted to the new primary instance and takes over services for failover support.
- A DB instance is running properly.
- The replication relationship between the primary and standby instances is normal.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click Relational Database Service to go to the RDS console.
- On the Instance Management page, locate the target primary/standby DB instance and click the DB instance name.
- On the Basic Information page, click Switch in the DB Instance Type field in the Instance Information area.
- In the Switch Primary/Standby DB Instance dialog box, click OK to switch between the primary and standby DB instances.
If the replication status is Available and the replication delay is greater than 300s, the primary/standby switchover task cannot be delivered.