You can modify the failover priority with the priority on availability or reliability to meet service requirements.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click Relational Database Service to go to the RDS console.
- On the Instance Management page, locate the target primary/standby DB instance and click the DB instance name.
- On the displayed Basic Information page, click Change in the Failover Priority field. In the displayed dialog box, select a priority and click OK.
- Reliability: This option is selected by default. Data consistency is preferentially ensured during the primary/standby switchover. This is recommended for users whose highest priority is data consistency.
- Availability: Database availability is preferentially ensured during the primary/standby switchover. This is recommended for users who require their databases to provide uninterrupted online services.
- View the result of the change on the Basic Information page.