The following items occupy the storage space you have purchased:
- Your common data (excluding backup data)
- Data required for the operation of your DB instances (such as system database data, rollback logs, redo logs, and indexes)
- Binlog log files generated by MySQL databases
- Logs files generated by PostgreSQL database servers
- Log files generated by Microsoft SQL Server databases. These log files include Microsoft SQL Server logs, default Microsoft SQL Server Trace logs, and Microsoft SQL Server Agent logs.
These files are necessary to ensure the stable operation of RDS DB instances.