This section describes how to create RDS DB instances, initialize configurations, and connect to instance databases, helping you quickly understand the process of using RDS.
- Users who create an RDS DB instance for the first time
- Users who need to initialize configurations after creating a DB instance
- Users who need to connect to an RDS DB instance
If you are using RDS for the first time, see the restrictions described in section Restrictions.
Before using RDS DB instances, you need to perform the following operations.
Figure 1 Process
- VPC: indicates the Virtual Private Cloud.
- ECS: indicates the Elastic Cloud Server.
- If the ECS is in the same VPC subnet as the RDS DB instance, you do not need to assign an EIP.