You can use the pgAdmin client to connect to an RDS DB instance.
- The pgAdmin client only supports access through EIPs.
- The pgAdmin version must be 4 or later.
- Prepare a device that can access RDS DB instances.
To connect to a DB instance through an EIP, you must:
- Bind the EIP to the DB instance. For details, see Binding an EIP.
- Ensure that the device can access the EIP that has been bound to the DB instance.
- Install the pgAdmin client on the device that was prepared in 1. Prepare a device that....
- Start pgAdmin.
- In the displayed login window, choose Servers > Create > Server.
Figure 1 Creation
- On the General page, specify Name. On the Connection page, specify information about the DB instance to be connected. Then, click Save.
Figure 2 General page
Figure 3 Connection page
- Host name/address: indicates the EIP of the DB instance to be connected.
- Port: indicates the database port. By default, the value is 5432.
- User name: indicates the username. By default, the value is root.
- Password: indicates the password of the target database username.
- In the login window, check that the connection information is correct. The target DB instance is successfully connected.