This section describes how to replicate a manual or an automated backup. The new backup must have a different name from that of the original backup.
You can replicate backups and use them only in the same region.
Backup Retention Policy
- If an instance is deleted, the automatic backup of the instance will be deleted.
- If the automated backup policy is enabled, the automated backups will be deleted after the backup retention period expires.
- If you want to retain the automated backups for a long time, you can replicate them to generate manual backups, which will be always retained unless you delete them.
- If storage space occupied by manual backups exceeds the default storage space, additional RDS storage costs may incur.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click Relational Database Service to go to the RDS console.
- On the Backup Management page, locate the manual backup to be replicated and choose or locate an automated backup and click Replicate in the Operation column.
- In the displayed dialog box, enter a new backup name and description and click OK.
- The backup name must consist of 4 to 64 characters and start with a letter. It can contain only uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
- The description must consist of a maximum of 256 characters and cannot contain the following special characters: >!<"&'=
- After the new backup has been created, you can view and manage it on the Backup Management page.