An enterprise stores a large volume of map data in OBS, and offers the data for public query. This enterprise sets a read permission for anonymous users, and provides the data URL in the Internet. Then all users can read or download the data through the URL.
- Log in to OBS Console.
- Create a bucket.
Click Create Bucket in the upper right corner of the page. Figure 1 displays the Create Bucket dialog box. Select Region, select Storage Class, enter the bucket name, and click Create Now.
Figure 1 Creating a bucket
- In the bucket list, click the new bucket. Then click Objects > Upload File and upload the map data as an object to the new bucket.
- Click the target object and click Object ACL.
- In Object ACL > Public Permissions > Anonymous Users, click Edit to set an object read permission for anonymous users. Figure 2 displays the Edit page.
Figure 2 Setting an object read permission for anonymous users
- Click Save to save the permission setting.
- Click the object. Its URL is displayed under Link.
Make the URL available over the Internet, and then all users can read or download the object through the URL.
- An anonymous user can view an object by copying the URL of the object to the web browser.