If you set the permission for an object to allow anonymous users to read it, anonymous users can access the object through the URL that you shared.
Encrypted objects cannot be shared.
A read permission has been set for anonymous users. For details about how to set the permission, see Object Permissions.
- In the bucket list on the OBS Console, click the target bucket to go to the Summary page.
- In the navigation tree on the left, click Objects.
- Click the object you want to share.
- The URL shown in Figure 1 is displayed. Anonymous users can access the object by clicking the URL. The object URL is in the format of https://bucket name.domain name/directory level/object name. If the object resides in the root directory of the bucket, its URL does not contain the directory level.
Figure 1 Object link
- To allow anonymous users to access objects whose storage classes are Cold using the URL, ensure that the objects are in the Restored state.
- The method of using a browser to access objects varies depending on the object type. You can directly open .txt and .html files using a browser. However, when you open .exe and .dat files using a browser, the files are automatically downloaded to your local computer.