MRS 1.7.2 and later versions allow you to create the smallest cluster with only one Master node and one Core node. This helps you reduce costs in lightweight use scenarios, for example, development and commissioning of enterprise big data services.
Perform the following steps to create the smallest cluster.
- Log in to the MRS management console.
- Click Create Cluster in the upper-right corner. The Create Cluster page is displayed.
Figure 1 shows cluster node configurations.
Figure 1 Cluster node configurations
The detailed cluster configurations are as follows:
- Region: Use the default value, for example, eu-de
- AZ: Select eu-de-01 or eu-de-02.
- Cluster Name: You can use the default name. However, you are recommended to include a project name abbreviation or date for consolidated memory and easy distinguishing, for example, mrs_20180321.
- Cluster Version: Use the default value MRS 1.7.2.
- Kerberos Authentication: It is enabled by default, as shown in .
- Cluster Type: Use the default value Analysis cluster or select Streaming cluster.
- Component: Select Spark, HBase, Hive, and other components for an analysis cluster. Select Kafka, Storm, and other components for a streaming cluster.
- VPC: Use the default value. If there is no available VPC, click View VPC to access the Virtual Private Cloud console and create a new VPC.
- Subnet: Use the default value.
- Security Group: Select Auto Create.
- Cluster HA: Click to disable cluster HA.
- Instance Specifications: Select 4 vCPUs 16GB(c3.xlarge.4) under General computing-plus C3 for both Master and Core nodes.
- Quantity: The number of Master nodes is fixed to 1. Set the number of Core nodes to 1.
- Storage Type: Select Common I/O for both Master and Core nodes.
- Storage Space (GB): Set Storage Space to 100 GB for both Master and Core nodes.
- Data Disk: Use the default value. There is one Master node and one Core node by default.
- Add Task Node: Do not add a Task node.
- Login Mode: Select a mode to log in to an ECS node.
- Password: Set a password for logging in to an ECS node.
- Key Pair: Select a key pair form the drop-down list. Select "I acknowledge that I have obtained private key file SSHkey-bba1.pem and that without this file I will not be able to log in to my ECS." If you have never created a key pair, click View Key Pair to create or import a key pair. And then, obtain a private key file.
- Advanced Settings: Select Configure now.
MRS streaming clusters do not support job management and file management functions. When you create a streaming cluster, the Add Job area will not be displayed on the page.
- After parameter configuration is complete, click Buy Now in the lower right corner.
- After confirming cluster details, click Submit Application to submit a cluster creation task.
- Click Back to Cluster List to view the cluster status.
Cluster creation takes some time. The initial status of the cluster is Starting. After the cluster is created successfully, the cluster status becomes Running.