MRS can process data in both OBS and HDFS. Before using MRS to analyze data, you are required to prepare the data.
- Upload local data to OBS.
- Log in to the OBS management console.
- Create a userdata bucket, and then create the program, input, output, and log folders in the userdata bucket.
- Click Create Bucket to create a userdata bucket.
- In the userdata bucket, click Create Folder to create the program, input, output, and log folders.
- Upload local data to the userdata bucket.
- Go to the program folder, and click to select a user program.
- Click Upload.
- Repeat preceding steps to upload the data files to the input folder.
- Import OBS data to HDFS.
This function is available only when Kerberos authentication is disabled and the cluster is running properly.
- Log in to the MRS management console.
- Go to the HDFS File List.
page and select
- Click the data storage directory, for example, bd_app1.
bd_app1 is just an example. The storage directory can be any directory on the page. You can create a directory by clicking Create Folder.
- Click Import Data, and click Browse to configure the paths of HDFS and OBS, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Importing files
- Click OK.
You can view the file upload progress in File Operation Record.