Data disk images contain only your service data. You can create data disk images from data disks of an ECS for exporting the data.
You can also use a data disk image to create EVS data disks and migrate your service data to the cloud.
Currently, you can create a data disk from a data disk image only during ECS creation.
- When creating a data disk image using an ECS data disk, ensure that the ECS has a system disk and that the data disk is not empty.
- One data disk image can be used only for one data disk.
A data disk has been attached to the ECS, and the ECS has been stopped. For how to attach an EVS disk, see the Elastic Volume Service User Guide.
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Computing, click Image Management Service.
- On the Image Management Service page, click Create Image.
- In the Image Type and Source area, select Data disk image for Type.
- Select ECS for Source and then select a data disk attached to this ECS from its disk list.
Figure 1 Creating a data disk image
- In the Image Information area, enter the image name. Enter the image description and add tags for the image as needed.
- Click Create Now.
- Confirm the parameters and click Submit.