You can use a CSBS backup to create a full-ECS image, which can be used to create ECSs.
- For how to create a CSBS backup, see the Cloud Server Backup User Guide.
- For how to create ECSs using a full-ECS image, see Creating ECSs Using an Image.
- When creating a full-ECS image using a CSBS backup, you need to apply for the access permission of the CSBS backup.
- After a full-ECS image is deleted, the associated CSBS backup will not be deleted. To delete the associated backup, go to the CSBS console.
- Before creating a full-ECS image, you must optimize the CSBS backup as prompted. Otherwise, the full-ECS image may fail to create ECSs.
- A CSBS backup used to create a full-ECS image cannot have a shared EVS disk.
- A CSBS backup used to create a full-ECS image must be available. A CSBS backup can be used to create one full-ECS image.
- A full-ECS image cannot be shared with other tenants.
- A full-ECS image cannot be published as a Marketplace image.
- A full-ECS image cannot be exported or replicated.
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Computing, click Image Management Service.
- On the Image Management Service page, click Create Image.
- In the Image Type and Source area, select Full-ECS image for Type.
- Select CSBS Backup for Source and then select a backup from the list.
Figure 1 Creating a full-ECS image using a CSBS backup
- In the Image Information area, set basic information, such as the image name and description.
- Click Create Now.
- Confirm the parameters and click Submit.
- Switch back to the Image Management Service page to view the image status.
When the image status changes to Normal, the creation is successful.