The normal running of ECSs depends on the Guest OS driver. For Xen-based ECSs, the Guest OS driver is a PV driver. For KVM-based ECSs, UVP VMTools is used. To support both Xen and KVM, the image must contain both the PV driver and UVP VMTools.
- Create an ECS using the target Windows private image, start the ECS, and log in to it.
For details, see the Elastic Cloud Server User Guide.
- Install the latest PV driver on the ECS.
For details, see Installing the PV Driver.
- Install UVP VMTools on the ECS.
For details, see Installing UVP VMTools.
- In the OS of the ECS, choose Control Panel > Power Options. Click Choose when to turn off the display, select Never for Turn off the display, and save the change.
- Clear system logs and stop the ECS.
- Create a Windows private image using the ECS.