You can create ECSs using a public or private image. The difference is as follows:
- If you use a public image, created ECSs contain only the OS and pre-installed public applications. You need to install private applications as needed.
- If you use a private image, created ECSs contain the OS, pre-installed public applications, and private applications.
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Computing, click Image Management Service.
- Click Public Images or Private Images to display the image list.
- Locate the row that contains the target image and click Apply for Server in the Operation column.
Alternatively, click the image name. In the upper right corner of the image details page, click Apply for Server. For how to create an ECS, see the Elastic Cloud Server User Guide.