To ensure your account security, you are advised to enable the login authentication function. After this function is enabled, you need to enter an authentication code from a virtual MFA device, an SMS verification code, or an email verification code on the Login Verification page when logging in to the cloud system.
A user can enable the SMS-based or email-based login authentication function only when a mobile number or email address is bound to the user account. A user can enable the virtual MFA-based login authentication function only when a virtual MFA device is bound to the user account.
- Enabling login authentication on the Modify User page on the IAM console
- In the navigation pane, choose Users.
- Click Modify in the Operation column of the row that contains the target user.
- On the Modify User page, select a login authentication method, and enter the corresponding code.
- Click OK.
- Enabling login authentication on the My Credential page
- Click the username in the upper right corner and select My Credential from the drop-down list.
- On the My Credential page, click Change following the Login Authentication Method field.
- On the Modify Login Protection page, select a login authentication method, and enter the corresponding code.
- Click OK.