Once CTS is enabled, it starts recording cloud resource operations. You can view the operation records of the last seven days on the management console. This section describes how to query the operation records.
- Log in to the management console.
- In the upper left corner of the page, click and select the desired region and project.
- Under Management & Deployment, click Cloud Trace Service.
- In the navigation pane, choose Trace List.
- Specify the filters used for querying traces. The following four filters are available:
Figure 1 Filters
- Trace Source, Resource Type, and Search By
Select a filter from the drop-down list.
After you select Trace name for Search By, you need to select a specific trace name.
After you select Resource ID for Search By, you need to select or enter a specific resource ID.
After you select Resource name for Search By, you need to select or enter a specific resource name.
- Operator: Select a specific operator (at the user level rather than the tenant level).
- Trace Status: Available options include All trace statuses, normal, warning, and incident. You can only select one of them.
- Time range: You can query traces generated during any time range of the last seven days.
- Click on the left of the required trace to expand its details.
Figure 2 Expanding trace details
- On the right of the trace to be viewed, click View Trace. The trace details are displayed.
Figure 3 View Trace