- Disk functions have been upgraded on the platform. Newly created ECSs can be attached with up to 60 disks. However, an existing ECS can still be attached with a maximum of 24 disks (40 for certain ECSs). To allow such ECSs to be attached with up to 60 disks, enable advanced disk.
- After advanced disk is enabled, you can view the mapping between device names and disks. For details, see section What Is the Mapping Between Device Names and Disks?
This section describes how to enable advanced disk on an ECS.
- Log in to management console.
- Under Computing, click Elastic Cloud Server.
- Click the name of the target ECS.
The page providing details about the ECS is displayed.
- Click the Disks tab.
- View the current number of disks that can be attached to the ECS and enable advanced disk as prompted.
The Enable Advanced Disk dialog box is displayed.
- Click OK.
- Stop and then start the target ECS.
This operation allows advanced disk to take effect.
- Switch to the page providing details about the ECS again, click the Disks tab, and check whether the number of disks that can be attached to the ECS has been changed.
- If yes, advanced disk has been enabled.
- If no, enabling advanced disk failed. In such a case, try again later or contact customer service.