During ECS login using VNC, changing the remote login keyboard language ensures only that characters entered in the VNC window for an ECS are correctly mapped. It does not change the output language of the ECS OS. If characters are not entered correctly, you must log in to the ECS and configure its keyboard output language.
- For Linux ECSs, perform the following:
- Run the loadkeys keymapfile command to load the keyboard mapping file.
- Set keymapfile to the mapping file name for mappings of characters entered on the keyboard and those eventually displayed.
For example, if the name of a German keyboard mapping file is de, run the loadkeys de command.
- For Windows ECSs, switch the input method or open the soft keyboard to enter characters. To open the soft keyboard, perform the following:
- Click the Option Menu icon.
- Select Soft Keyboard.
- Select a keyboard layout.