To ping an ECS, enable Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) in the security group rules for the ECS.
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Computing, click Elastic Cloud Server.
- On the Elastic Cloud Server page, click the name of the target ECS.
The page providing details about the ECS is displayed.
- Click the Security Groups tab, expand the information of the security group, and click the security group ID.
- On the Inbound tab of the Security Group page, click Add Rule.
- Add an inbound rule for the security group and enable ICMP.
- Protocol/Application: ICMP
- Source: IP address 0.0.0.0/0