DWS client and drivers are recommended. Compared with open source PostgreSQL clients and drivers, DWS client and drivers has two main advantages:
- Security hardening: PostgreSQL drivers only support MD5 authentication, but DWS drivers support SHA256 and MD5.
- Data type enhancement: DWS drivers support new data types smalldatetime and tinyint.
DWS supports open source PostgreSQL clients and JDBC and ODBC drivers.
The compatible client and driver versions are:
- PostgreSQL psql 9.2.4 or later
- PostgreSQL JDBC Driver 9.3-1103 or later
- PSQL ODBC 09.01.0200 or later