Before using DWS to execute data analysis tasks, you need to create a data warehouse cluster. A cluster consists of multiple nodes in the same subnet. These nodes together provide services. To create a cluster, perform the following steps:
Creating a Cluster
- Log in to the management console at https://console.otc.t-systems.com/dws/.
- On the Cluster Management page, click Create DWS Cluster.
- Select the region to which the cluster to be created belongs.
- Region: Select eu-de.
- AZ: Use the default value.
- Configure node-related parameters.
- Node Flavor: Retain the default value.
- Nodes: Retain the default value. At least 3 nodes are required.
Figure 1 Configuring node-related parameters
- Configure cluster-related parameters.
- Cluster Name: Enter dws-demo.
- Administrator Account: The default value is dbadmin. Use the default value. After a cluster is created, the client uses this administrator account and its password to connect to the cluster's database.
- Administrator Password: Set the password.
- Confirm Password: Enter the administrator password again.
- Database Port: Use the default port number. This port is used by the client or application to connect to the cluster's database.
Figure 2 Configuring the cluster
- Configure network parameters.
- VPC: You can select an existing VPC from the drop-down list. If no VPC has been configured, click Create VPC to enter the VPC management console to create one, for example, vpc-dws. Then, go back to the page for creating a cluster on the DWS management console, click next to the VPC drop-down list, and select the new VPC.
For details, see the Virtual Private Cloud User Guide.
- Subnet: When you create a VPC, a subnet is created by default. You can select the corresponding subnet.
- Security Group: Select Automatic creation.
The automatically created security group is named dws-<cluster name>-<cluster database port>. The outbound allows all access requests, while the inbound opens only the Database Port to allow access requests from clients or applications.
- EIP: Select Automatically assign to apply for an EIP as the cluster's public network IP address, and set its Bandwidth.
Figure 3 Configuring the network
- Select Default for Advanced Settings in this example.
- Default: Indicates that the following advanced settings use the default configurations.
- Parameter Group: The default database parameter group is associated with the cluster.
- Tag: By default, no tag is added to the cluster.
- Automated Snapshot: By default, the policy for automatically generating cluster snapshots is disabled.
- Custom: If you select this option, the parameter group, tag, and automated snapshot settings are displayed on the page. You can customize these settings.
- Click Create Now. The Details page is displayed.
- Click Submit.
After the submission, Cluster Status of the newly created cluster is Creating. Wait several minutes. Clusters in the Available state are ready for use.