Deleting a consumer group does not impact normal messages in a queue. Normal messages still exist in the queue and can still be retrieved by other consumer groups.
Dead letter messages are specific to consumer groups. If a consumer group is deleted, the dead letter messages of the consumer group are also deleted, regardless of whether they have been retrieved. Deleted dead letter messages can no longer be retrieved.
A consumer group has been created.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner of the management console and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List, and choose to launch the DMS console.
- In the navigation pane, choose Queue Manager.
- Click the name of a queue for which you want to delete a consumer group.
Details of the chosen queue are displayed.
- Click the Consumer Groups tab to display the consumer group list. Choose More > Delete Consumer Group in the same row as the consumer group you want to delete.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.