Skip this section if service VMs in the user-defined network do not need to communicate with the Internet.
If service VMs in the user-defined network need to provide services to the Internet, create a NAT gateway and add a DNAT rule so that BMSs can share an EIP to reduce management cost.
- Log in to the management console.
- Choose Service List > Network > NAT Gateway.
The NAT Gateway console is displayed.
- Click Create NAT Gateway in the upper right corner.
- Configure required parameters.
- Region: Select the region to which the BMS created in section Allocating a BMS belongs.
- Name: Enter a name as needed, for example, nat-5c15.
- VPC: Select the VPC created in section Preparing for the Deployment.
The BMS, user-defined network, and NAT gateway must be in the same VPC.
- Subnet: Select a subnet as needed.
- Type: Select a type as needed.
- Description: Enter description as needed.
- Click Create Now. Confirm specifications and click Submit.
After the NAT gateway is created successfully, it is displayed in the list of NAT gateways.
- Click the NAT gateway name nat-5c15 to enter the page showing details of the NAT gateway.
- Click the DNAT Rules tab and then Add DNAT Rule, and specify the following information.
You must add a DNAT rule for the virtual NIC IP address of each VM.
- Click OK.
After the preceding operations are complete, service VMs can communicate with the Internet and the XenServer on BMS solution is deployed successfully.