You can export the system disk of a BMS to an image and use it to create other BMSs. This improves the efficiency of BMS creation. This section describes how to export the system disk of a BMS to a private image.
The BMS OS is installed on an EVS disk, and the BMS supports quick provisioning.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select the desired region and project.
- Under Computing, click Bare Metal Server.
The BMS console is displayed.
- Locate the row that contains the target BMS, click More in the Operation column, and select Stop from the drop-down list.
Only a BMS in stopped state can be exported to a private image.
- After the BMS status changes to Stopped, click More in the Operation column and select Make Image.
The Create Image page is displayed.
- Enter the image name, set the tag, and specify the description as needed.
After the parameters are set, click Create Now.
- On the displayed page, confirm the specifications and click Submit.
- The page that contains private images is displayed. The private image is being created. After its status changes to Normal, the image is created successfully.
You can also check whether the image is contained in the private image drop-down list on the Allocate BMS page.