If common remote connection software (such as PuTTY) cannot be used, you can use the remote login function on the management console to log in to a BMS.
- Only Linux BMSs support remote login.
- Only the user who creates a BMS or users with the Tenant Administrator or Server Administrator role can log in to the BMS remotely.
- The remote login page does not support Chinese input or desktop GUI-based operations.
- When you log in to a BMS remotely, shortcut keys such as Ctrl and Alt are not well supported. For example, if you enter Alt + ASCII code, multiple special characters are displayed.
- Before exiting the management console, log out of the OS.
- The BMS must be in Running state.
- If you selected the key pair login mode when creating the BMS, log in to the BMS by following the instructions in SSH Key Pair and set a password for the BMS. The detailed operations are as follows:
Log in to the BMS using the key pair, switch to user
, and run the
command to set a password for user
Figure 1 Setting a password for user root
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Computing, click Bare Metal Server.
The BMS console is displayed.
- Locate the row that contains the target BMS and click Remote Login in the Operation column.
After about one minute, the login page is displayed. Press Enter and enter username root and password to log in.