All ECSs of an SAP HANA system must be in the same VPC. Therefore, you must create a VPC for an SAP HANA system and specify the subnet segment for the VPC.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner of the management console and select a region and project.
- On the homepage, choose .
- Click Create VPC on the right of the page.
- On the Create VPC page, configure VPC parameters.
The parameters are as follows:
- Name: specifies the VPC name.
- CIDR Block: specifies the IP address range for the VPC. The subnet segment in the VPC must be within this IP address segment. Therefore, you must configure this parameter according to the deployment plan described in section Network Planning. For example, set this parameter value to 10.0.0.0/8.
- Tag: specifies the VPC tag, which consists of a key and value pair. This parameter is optional.
- Name: specifies the name of the default VPC subnet. You are recommended to set this parameter value to the name of the server or client plane subnet, for example, 10.0.3.x.
- CIDR Block: specifies the IP address segment for the default VPC subnet. Ensure that the IP address segment for the default VPC subnet is within the IP address segment for the VPC subnet. Configure this parameter based on the deployment plan described in section Network Planning.
- Advanced Settings: If you set it to Custom, you need to configure the following parameters:
- Gateway: specifies the gateway address of the subnet.
- DNS Server Address: The external DNS server address is used by default. If you need to change the DNS server address, ensure that the DNS server addresses are available.
- Tag: specifies the VPC subnet tag, which consists of a key and value pair. This parameter is optional.
- Click Create Now.