To ensure proper communication between the ECSs in an SAP HANA system, apply a subnet for the ECSs and configure a proper security group.
- Apply for a subnet.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner of the management console and select a region and project.
- On the homepage, choose
- Click the VPC to which the SAP HANA system belongs.
- Click the Subnets tab page, and then click Create Subnet.
- On the created Create Subnet page, configure parameters as prompted.
- Name: Configure the subnet name that is easy to identify, for example, service_subnet.
- CIDR: Configure this parameter according to the deployment plan described in section Network Planning.
- Advanced Settings: Select Default.
- Click OK.
- Repeat 1.e to 1.g to create all required subnets according to the requirements specified in section Network Planning.
- Set security groups.
You need to create a security group for all nodes in the SAP HANA system.
- Click on the left and then Create Security Group on the right side of the page. The Create Security Group page is displayed.
- Enter the security group name and click OK to complete the security group configuration.
Name the security group that is easy to identify, for example, studio_security_group.
- Repeat 2.a to 2.b to create other security groups.
- In the security group list on the right of the page, click the security group for which a rule is to be added.
- Click Add Rule.
- Add the rule according to the requirements specified in section Network Planning.
The default security group rules cannot be deleted.
shows some default security group rules.
Figure 1 Some default security group rules
- Repeat 2.d to 2.f to configure all security groups.