A bucket is a global namespace of OBS and is a data container. It functions as a root directory of a file system and can store objects. The following code shows how to create a bucket:
- Bucket names are globally unique. Ensure that the bucket you create is named differently from any other bucket.
- A bucket name must comply with the following rules:
- Contains 3 to 63 characters, chosen from lowercase letters, digits, hyphens (-), and periods (.), and starts with a digit or letter.
- Cannot be an IP-like address.
- Cannot start or end with a hyphen (-) or period (.)
- Cannot contain two consecutive periods (.), for example, my..bucket.
- Cannot contain periods (.) and hyphens (-) adjacent to each other, for example, my-.bucket or my.-bucket.