Only Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016 need to set virtual memory.
The memory of the BMS is large, and automatically allocated virtual memory will take up a lot of system disk space, affecting system performance. It is recommended to turn off the virtual memory or set the ceiling during the mirroring process. Specific operations are as follows:
- Log in to the Windows VM.
- Click Start. Right-click Computer and select Properties.
The System page is displayed.
- In the navigation pane on the left, choose Advanced system settings.
The System Properties dialog box is displayed. By default, it is under the Advanced tab.
- In the Performance area, click Settings.
The Performance Options dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Advanced tab and click Change in the Virtual memory area.
The Virtual Memory dialog box is displayed.
Figure 1 The Virtual Memory dialog box
- Deselect Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- If you need to disable the virtual memory, select No paging file. If you need to set an upper limit for the virtual memory, select Custom size. You are advised to set the maximum size of the virtual memory to less than 2 GB.
- Click Set.
- Click OK.
- Restart the OS to complete the virtual memory settings.